Inspiring Secondary Engineers
From beginners to those with a burgeoning interest, we have a whole host of fantastic activities to help students develop their engineering potential! We have it all, engineering experiences, project mentoring, competitions, activity ideas and in-school events fully delivered by our own Young Engineers team. With the exception of our STEM Challenge Events all our activities are completely free thanks to the generous support of our sponsors.
Whether you want to:
- Try out our sample activities to whet your group’s appetite.
- Kick start an engineering or technology initiative with Launchpad, the start-up membership designed for schools, clubs and individuals. Take part in our Intermediate activities which introduce students to fluid dynamics, structures and motion control and are all designed to get you started. Launchpad also provides you with the members’ handbook which gives valuable guidance on how to get the most from your membership.
- Enter competitions such as Project Eggs Factor and Krazy Racers – share your solutions to our challenges whilst staying put!
- Enter our Young Engineer for Britain awards – this can be creative and innovative individual projects or a range of projects developed within your group membership! In addition the mentoring programme enables students to develop themselves and their project with the assistance of top engineering professionals. Contact: email@example.com for further information.
- Apply for a place on our Renishaw Engineering Experience – students aged 16+ get VIP tours behind the scenes at several top engineering firms.
- Borrow our kits and run a Making Knexions event in school or in partnership with your local primary schools. We loan the activity kits and provide a full educators pack, enabling you to run a successful engineering interaction with your students.
- Get us to come to you and lead the way with a STEM Challenge Event – we’ll have your groups building their team working and interpersonal skills as they design and construct – choose from underwater exploration, mini hydro generators, drag racers, design and innovation and search and rescue robots!
Taking part in any of our activities gives you membership to the Young Engineers network.
For members: As well as enjoying and being inspired by our activities, our membership packs help to motivate involvement or reward success – and we haven’t forgotten to provide a little reward for our amazing group leaders who help make it all possible!